Recipe by Chef Lucas Glanville- www.msc.org
12 large peeled and cleaned Spencer Gulf King prawns
1 bulb fennel, sliced
1 red onion, sliced
200g steamed kipfler potatoes (or similar)
8 spears green asparagus, sliced
100g steamed fine green beans
1 tablespoon grain mustard
60ml extra virgin olive oil
Juice of 1 lemon
20 ml water
Sea salt and cracked pepper to taste
1. Heat a non-stick pan, add a little extra virgin olive oil and then add the seasoned prawns, cooking gently until you have colour on both sides.
2. In a bowl, add the sliced fennel, red onion, green asparagus and green beans, mix together.
3. In a separate bowl, add equal parts of fresh lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, grain mustard and water, season with sea salt and cracked pepper, whisk together.
4. Slice the potatoes and lay evenly around the plate, spoon some dressing onto the salad, mix gently and then place a handful of the salad on top.
5. Place the seared prawns on top of the salad and spoon a little dressing over the prawns.
Visit Port Lincoln Accommodation Blog
Seared Spencer Gulf King Prawns with green vegetables and lemon mustard dressing